Learn more about what Sansum Diabetes Research Institute has been up to this month!
June 2021 Highlights:
- Save the Date: 14th Annual Taste of the Vine, August 21, 2021. Learn more: https://www.sansum.org/taste-of-the-vine-2021/
- ADA 81st Scientific Sessions
- SDRI will join over 13,000 virtual attendees this year at the American Diabetes Association’s 81st Scientific Sessions.
- The Lois Jovanovic Transformative Woman in Diabetes Award will be given this year to honor the memory of Lois Jovanovic, MD, a renowned scientist in the field of diabetes and women’s health (previous SDRI Chief Scientific Officer and Chief Executive Officer).
- Now recruiting for a new digital health study
- Our new Digital Health study, funded by the Elsevier Foundation, is engaging Hispanic/Latino adults with or at risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D) to assess adherence to using wearable and other digital health technologies to measure blood glucose levels, food intake, physical activity, and sleep.
- Type 1 diabetes research study
- T1D Exchange has a mission to better understand living with Type 1 Diabetes, enhanced by its diversity. Different voices, different stories, different backgrounds from people like you! Join the T1D Exchange Registry, and drive research that matters!
- SDRI is proud to have a global footprint
- SDRI’s work, our Mil Familias program, aimed to develop community rapport to strengthen the health literacy and research expertise of Latino Community Scientists was highlighted and recognized by the Elsevier Foundation in their 2021 Annual Report.
- We are recruiting for a new clinical research trial
- SDRI is recruiting for an upcoming pediatric clinical trial for kids between 2-17 years old, and with type 1 diabetes. If you are interested in learning more please email Nina Shelton at email@example.com.
- Planning your legacy – support the cause you care about!
- While it is impossible to know or control what happens in the future, you can have security about achieving your ultimate goals by making a plan.
- For more information please contact Teri Creath, Planned Giving Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-419-1338.